How to Make a Elasticated Headband in a Few Simple Steps
What u will need.... pins thread, elastic, scissors ✂️, fabric, tape measure and safety pin 🧷.
1. First cut the elastic 8 inches and 2 pieces of fabric. One is 7 inches by 14 and the other 3 by 16.
2. Take the smaller piece of fabric, fold in half and pin as shown in picture. Make sure the 2 right sides are facing in (so its inside out).
3. Sew where we pinned like this.
4. Turn the tube the right way round by pinning a safety pin in one end and feeding it through the tube.
5. Like this.
6. Iron the fabric with the seam central.
7. Put the safety pin in the elastic and feed it through the tube.
8. Ensuring to Anchor the other end of the elastic as shown in picture.
9. Once the elastic is through pin in place and sew accross here both ends.
10. Next take the bigger piece of fabric.
11. Fold in half and pin as shown in picture. Make sure the 2 right sides are facing in (so its inside out). Sew from here.
12. To here.
13. Turn the right way round.
15. Place the seam facing down.
16. Get the small elasticated piece and place it central on top of the big tube as shown in the picture. Then fold one side of the outer fabric like this.
17. Repeat on the other side.
18. Like this and pin in place and sew across where the arrow is pointing.
19. It will look like this.
20. Pull the elasticated part you just sewed across the band as shown in photo.
21. Repeat the same this side.
22. Trim excess fabric.
23. Turn the right way round.
24. u did it!